Electronics Grade (Alkoxy) Silicones
Unprimed Adhesive Solution Delivers More Uniform Bonds
Electronics grade alkoxy sealants outperform slower materials in multi-step assembly applications where the fast tack and early strength are needed as a unit moves from station to station. They often replace riveting and bolting in sealing and bonding applications. When a non-corrosive product is required, this is an alternate unprimed adhesive solution that:
- Delivers a more uniform bond
- Acts like a gasket to protect against moisture and dust
- Helps dampen vibrations
These moisture-cure conformal coatings and sealants achieve primer-less adhesion to aluminum, polycarbonate, glass, and steel. The inside-out cure provides longer working times and low odor, and are free of solvents with no isocyanates.
Electronics-grade alkoxy silicones are available in a range of viscosities, all delivering fast tack-free times.
- Low-medium viscosity – When flow coating is preferable to paste-consistency products, these will flow into small crevices and other hard to reach places.
- High viscosity – These can be applied on vertical surfaces with no sagging, and have superior gap-filling properties that perform well in hostile environmental conditions.
- Frame and junction box sealant in photovoltaic modules
- Sensitive electronic components and circuit boards
- Thin-section encapsulation